Personalized cancer medicine necessitates the growth of tumor-specific bookmarkers to optimize selection of targeted therapies and to better assess a reaction to therapy. Current efforts in many tumor types have established that patients in whom circulating tumor cells (CTCs) are detected come with an inferior prognosis in accordance with those involved with whom CTCs usually are not detected knowing that the elimination or decrease of CTCs following treatment solutions are associated with improved clinical outcomes. Technological advances in the detection, isolation, capture, and characterization of CTCs from phlebotomy samples obtained in a very routine clinical practice setting have enabled the evaluation of different CTC bookmarkers. Unmet needs in cancer diagnosis and treatment where CTC bookmarkers are studied include determining prognosis, assessing the results of treatment, in addition to being an origin of tumor to the biologic identification and characterization of determinants to calculate sensitivity to 1 type of treatment versus another and to understand mechanisms of treatment resistance.At present, there is absolutely no single definition of a CTC no single CTC “bookmarker.” Rather, multiple assays (tests) are usually in development for CTC bookmarkers. However, prior to a role of any bookmarker in medical making decisions can be discovered, it is important that the assays helpful to measure the bookmarker are analytically validated in a sequence of trials to get the data to aid the bookmarker’s easy use in the given linguistic context. It can be against this background that this review concentrates on particles developing CTC bookmarker assays, with the objective of outlining the steps needed to qualify for specific CTC tests for medical making decisions in clinical practice or drug development. The potential for point-of-care tests is clear.
- Restriction Endonucleases: An Overview
- Isolation and characterization of two distinct cDNA clones encoding corn seed cysteine proteinases
- This Week in PLOS NTDs and PLOS Pathogens: Climate, Chemicals and Vector Control, the Incubation of Buruli Ulcer, Supressing Viral Growth, and More By PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases and PLOS Pathogens
- Cellecta’s DECIPHER Project RNAi Screening Tools at Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Technique Enables Hands-free Heart, Respiration Measurements